Malta has developed a four-tier due diligence process carried out directly by the responsible Government agency known as Identity Malta. All eligibility criteria must be satisfied in order for your application to proceed.
Furthermore, you and your dependants must show you are in good standing, and various background checks will be conducted to verify that you:
- have no criminal record
- are not currently the subject of a criminal investigation
- are not a potential security risk and/or risk to Malta’s reputation in the international community
- have never been denied a visa to a country with which Malta has visa-free travel
DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED
IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAMME, YOU MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AS ORIGINALS OR CERTIFIED COPIES*:
- personal identity documents such as passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates etc
- police clearance certificate(s)
- a certificate from a reputable health system to prove you and your dependents are in good health and are in possession of a valid health insurance policy
- evidence that you and your dependents are fit and proper persons
- proof of the required financial contributions (receipts of payments)
- proof of compliance with the property requirement (deeds or lease agreements)
- any other documents that may be required from time to time by Identity Malta
- proof you have undertaken the Oath of Allegiance: all applicants aged 18 years and over are obliged to visit Malta in person to undertake the Oath of Allegiance
- an affidavit of support for each of your dependents over 18 years of age with the exception of your spouse
NB If you make a false representation, false statement or conceal any material fact, the application may be declined.
* If the original documents are in a language other than English, you will need to provide certified translations of the documents in English prepared by a professional translator and authorised by a licensed lawyer, notary public, Maltese consular or diplomatic officer, or a senior officer of the concessionaire.